The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers! So, what is a Liebster? The meaning of the name:liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs. If you’re nominated for a Liebster, it’s an opportunity to answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you, and pass the fun on to someone else with nominations of your own.
I was nominated by Rachel at www.grokgrub.com, and here are the 11 questions she asked me 🙂
- What’s your all-time favorite blog? http://dailybunny.org/
- If a movie was made about your life, which actor/actress would play you? Nandita Das
- Sweet or salty? Sweet!
- If you could invite anyone for dinner, past or present, who would you choose? Noam Chomsky
- What is one thing you’ve always wanted to learn? How to sing well, haha
- Where is your favorite place you’ve lived? Chicago (only place I’ve lived)
- What’s the best mistake you’ve made? Working in IT consulting and IT recruiting
- What do you eat for breakfast? Eggs, avocado, bacon, and sauerkraut 🙂
- If you could make anyone the President of the United States, who would you select? Cookie Monster
- What’s your favorite sport to watch and/or play? Watch: football Play: None really
- What two words best describe you? Caring and Determined
Now here are 11 random facts about myself:
1. I used to eat a LOT of Flintstone’s vitamins when I was a kid (see #3 above).
2. I’m obsessed with Swatch watches.
3. I really want to raise chickens and have bunnies.
4. I have never broken a bone (knock on wood!).
5. I met my husband online.
6. I HATE washing my hair (and drying it afterwards).
7. My favorite ice cream flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip.
8. I can never wear socks to sleep. If I do, I will wake up with them magically removed.
9. I played badminton in high school – I was bad.
10. I can read and write in my native tongue (Gujarati) better than I can speak it.
11. I used to have the biggest crush on David Copperfield.
The bloggers I nominate are (it’s supposed to be blogs with fewer than 200 followers, but I just picked some blogs I enjoy):
4. Felted Nest
My questions for them! Tag, you’re it:
- What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
- What job do you wish you could have even though it would drive you crazy?
- Do you have a favorite sport’s team? If so, who?
- What is a talent you have that most people don’t know?
- Do you dream in color or black and white?
- Morning person or night owl?
- What food/recipe do you make the best?
- What did you start learning at some point in your life, abandoned, and wished you finished learning?
- Do you plan ahead or carpe diem?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you had 24 hours to live, what is the first think you would do?
The Liebster Award rules are:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- List 5-11 bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer
- Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated