I’m so excited about my first giveaway with Door to Door Organics! For the past few months, I was very intrigued by the idea of Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) which provides a way to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer. I was also very interested in buying organic. Typically you can sign up for a CSA which is either delivered to you or picked up at a farmer’s market. I will admit, I didn’t do a ton of research, but what I did find were ones that had an inconvenient pick-up time. I also had a hard time finding ones that delivered to me without me being there. Again, I didn’t do a ton of research. Also, you don’t get to pick what you get in the box. I think this is awesome, but also possibly wasteful. The element of surprise is really fun, and I love the idea of learning about new fruits/veggies and how to prepare them. However, I wasn’t to keen on paying for food that either I didn’t like or was a hassle to prepare.
I found out about Door to Door Organics because someone I know liked them on Facebook! Note the power of social media 😉 I checked out their page, and I was instantly interested. First of all, they offer FREE DELIVERY (I felt that deserved to be capitalized). Also, they offered many sizes and even offered delivery every other week. Seeing as it is just my husband and I, I didn’t want a ton of food (many of the CSA’s small sizes fed a family of 1-4). So I decided that I would get their smallest “bitty” mixed (fruits & veggies) box every other week to start out. They do have a bitty local box, but it doesn’t always have the variety of the mixed one. Obviously I want to use what I have and not waste it, so the mixed box worked better for me.
Another thing I love about Door to Door is that you can kind of customize your order. They “Produce Preferences” where you can list the types of produce you absolutely love and produce you don’t like at all. They definitely haven’t sent me anything I don’t like yet! I really do love this option because there is still an element of surprise, but it’s usually a good one 🙂 They also e-mail you what will be in your order a few days before delivery! Another great bonus is that they sell groceries besides fruits and veggies (cheese, dairy, meats, drinks, coffee, etc). So after they tell e-mail you your order, you can also add groceries that will also be delivered! I haven’t bought any groceries yet, but I definitely hope to at some point. When they deliver to you, they include ice packs in the box in case you won’t be home! At first, I didn’t think this could withstand some of the Chicago heat we have been experiencing. But for 2 out of the 3 deliveries we have received, the temperature was between 95 and 100 degrees. The box was left out for hours, and everything was gravy – meaning fine, not actually like gravy 😉 I took pictures of my last delivery (this was around 6:30pm after I got home on a 100 degree day):
So onto the exciting part! Door to Door Organics is offering a giveaway of a Bitty Mixed Box (worth $26.99). If you would like to win, you have to live in the Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, or Denver area!!! I would hate for someone to enter and not live in one of these places 🙂 Please check if they deliver to you at Door to Door Organics before you enter! This is open to new and existing customers within their delivery area.
Want more chances to win? You will get more entries every time you do something indicated below (# of entries are indicated after each task). This will be open for a week until Thursday, July 26 at 10:00pm CST! One winner will be announced (and e-mailed) Friday morning. Remember to do #10 or you won’t find out if you won 🙂
1. Comment on this post: Tell me what you love about eating organic, how it’s helped you, or what you hope to gain from eating organic food. (+1)
2. Follow me on Twitter: @nisham (+1)
(If you already follow me or Door to Door Organics on Twitter or like them on Facebook, you still get the entry)
5. Like this post by hitting “Like” below. (+1)
6. Follow my blog using the link on the sidebar (+1)
7. Tweet about this giveaway (you can do this everyday) using the button below and pasting the following (e-mail me the URL): “Win a home delivery #giveaway of #organicfood from @dtdOrganicsChi @dtdorganics @dtd_kc_organics @dtdorganicsMI and @nisham! http://wp.me/p2stSm-3a” (+2)
8. Share this post on Facebook using the button below and e-mail me the URL. (You can do this everyday) (+2)
9. Pin one of the pictures above on Pinterest and e-mail me the URL. (+2)
10. E-mail me! Send me an e-mail at email@example.com (so you can claim your prize) and let me know something you’d like to see me blog (or not blog) about! Also, let me know your twitter user name and paste the URL’s of your Tweets, Facebook shares and Pins so I know you did them (if you have multiple tweets/share URL’s, you can send me one e-mail with all the URL’s or one for each time you do it)! (+2)